Repair Terms and Conditions
Data Protection and Authority
Core Gaming Systems (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2007/19058/07), trading as Nintendo Switch Pop-Up Zone will not be liable for any loss or corruption of data, confidential, proprietary or personal information or removable media. The Customer is responsible for removing any confidential, proprietary or personal information or removable media such as Game Cards or Memory Cards from the device(s).
Limitation of Liability
Core Gaming Systems (Pty) Ltd and its directors, affiliates, employees, contractors and agents will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any damages, whether direct, special, general, indirect, incidental, exemplary or consequential, resulting from any service consultation or services rendered, including without limitation, the cost of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data. This includes, without limitation, failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, or any loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings or goodwill. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Core Gaming Systems (Pty) Ltd does not warrant that it will be able to (1) repair or replace any products or equipment without risk to or loss of programs or data; (2) maintain confidentiality of data; or (3) preserve data/material stored on the device. You accordingly absolve Core Gaming Systems (Pty) Ltd from any liability in this regard whatsoever.
Should the standard Nintendo warranty in respect of the device have expired, any repairs required to be performed on the device are to be paid for in advance, as per the amount quoted by us. We do, however, reserve our rights to claim any additional amount reasonably incurred in effecting the repair of the device. All repairs not collected within 90 days after completion, will be sold to defray the costs incurred.
1. In these terms and conditions:unless the context clearly otherwise indicates words denoting any one gender shall include the other gender; Reference to “Core” shall mean Core Gaming Systems (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2007/19058/07), trading as Nintendo Switch Pop Up Zone, its subsidiaries, affiliated and related entities.
2. By signing this document, the customer confirms and acknowledges that he agrees with and understands the disclaimer and terms and conditions below. The customer further warrants [legal guarantee/promise] that he is the owner/s of the device(s), or, that he was given permission to sign this document and consents to the service and/or repair on behalf of the owner, subject to these terms and conditions.
3. The customer warrants that he has backed up and secured on a separate device, all the data contained on the device prior to handing in the device. The customer acknowledges that should a main board replacement be applicable, that all data on such device will be wiped from the device as part of this repair process. Customer data is stored on the embedded flash storage and is not transferable. Display replacements on future repairs may require the technician to perform a factory reset in order to calibrate and test. The customer indemnifies [to protect against damage or loss] and holds Core harmless against all damage/s, harm and loss howsoever arising with reference to the device aforementioned, the repair thereof to be effected, any loss or corruption of data including but not limited to confidential, proprietary orpersonal information howsoever arising, and further that the customer has removed any and all removable media such as game cartridges and/or Micros SD storage cards and accordingly indemnifies Core against the loss of any removable media.
4. The condition of the device will be noted on this form. Notwithstanding the aforesaid it shall be the responsibility of the customer to prove that the device did not have any pre-existing defects when handed in.
5. The customer undertakes to remove any third party add-ons including but not limited to screen protectors, analogue caps and/or covers, which may be damaged or destroyed during the repair. Core will not be held liable for the costs to replace any such third party add-ons.
6. Any repairs or service to be carried out on the device which is not covered by a warranty will be quoted on accordingly.
7. A quotation is an estimate which may change if the repair is unsuccessful or if additional parts or services are required. Quotations are valid for a period of 7 days. Repair quotations and the necessary authorisation shall be provided via email, calling the Technical Contact Centre and/or obtained in-store.Repairs will only be undertaken on receipt of written acceptance/approval of a quotation, which may be communicated via electronic communication, in accordance with s13 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.